Loading...

AD&T - Key Stage 4

GCSE Graphic Products:
This course follows the AQA specification; the students will be encouraged to design and make products with creativity and originality in a variety of practical activities, using a range of graphic and modelling materials and new technologies. Marketing tools, such as advertising and points of sale, can be used to supplement the making experience and help create products which can be evaluated for their commercial viability. There will be a controlled assessment that represents 60% of the mark and a final written examination that covers the remaining 40%.

GCSE Hospitality and Catering:
This course follows the Welsh Examining Board specification and will give students either a single or a double award. It is a suitable qualification for those who want a broad background in preparing and serving food and for those who wish to progress to further education. The course will cover all practical food skills, preparation and service to clientele. There will be a controlled assessment that represents 60% of the mark and a final written examination that covers the remaining 40%.

GCSE Product Design:
This course follows the AQA specification; the students will be encouraged to design and make products with creativity and originality in a variety of practical activities, using a range of materials and techniques. Packaging, labelling and instructions are also encouraged as part of the complete design proposal. There will be a controlled assessment that represents 60% of the mark and a final written examination that covers the remaining 40%.

BTEC Art and Design:
The BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Art and Design follows an EDEXCEL specification and provides an exciting opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills needed in the Art and Design industry. The course is made up of two compulsory core units and one specialist unit. The core units develop a range of skills which can then be applied to the specialist unit. Students choose from Photography, Fashion and Textiles or 3D Design for their specialist unit. This course is equivalent to two GCSE passes at grade A to C.

BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Construction:
This specialist work-related qualification is designed to give knowledge, skills and understanding to learners contemplating a career within the construction industry.
This is a 15 credit qualification, equivalent to 1 GCSE at grade A to C, consisting of 3 units of study. All units are internally assessed and all assessment decisions are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. Learners may achieve Pass, Merit or Distinction grades, according to the level of grading criteria they meet.