Further education colleges offer courses at all levels. These range from entry level qualifications to degree courses. Degree courses are offered in partnership with a university.
Colleges vary a lot in size, and in the subjects and facilities they offer. In general their courses fall into three main groups:
- Vocational subjects in which you would focus on a particular career or type of work.
Work-based courses where you would learn the skills that you need in particular jobs. These courses may form the day-release parts of Apprenticeships.
- Some employers may also pay for their employees to attend these courses. These may also be short courses such as food safety.
- General studies in which you could take subjects at A level or study to improve your functional skills in English, Maths and IT.
Whatever qualifications you have, colleges will generally have a course at the right level for you. Not all colleges offer the same courses, so it is important to check carefully.
This list gives an idea of the range of courses that you can take at college
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Animal Care
- Art & Design
- Beauty Therapy
- Business, Administration and Finance
- Child Care
- Countryside Management
- Electrical Installation
- Health & Social Care
- Hospitality and Catering
- Media, Music and Performing Arts
- Motor Vehicle
- Public Services
- Sport and Recreation
- Travel & Tourism
For more information about local colleges, visit the following the links:
Near to Wolgarston.